Acne is a skin disorder that involves skin eruptions, inflammation and redness. While usually associated with the turbulent teenage years, an increasing number of adults are suffering from this condition.
pay per click advertising
Acne is a skin disorder that involves skin eruptions, inflammation and redness. While usually associated with the turbulent teenage years, an increasing number of adults are suffering from this condition. Over the counter medications for pimples can sometimes, cause skin irritation and dryness. Medications like, salicyclic acid can also make the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet radiation of the sunlight. On the other hand, over use of prescription medications, especially antibiotics can make the acne causing bacteria more resistant to such medications, besides causing many other side effects. The greatest advantage of using natural and herbal treatment for pimples is that, it does not cause any serious side effect.
1. Apply aloe vera gel on the pimples. Leave it on the skin for a few minutes, and then wash with clean water. It can reduce the redness and inflammation, and accelerate the process of healing.
2. Caffeine is a stimulant that can lead to acne. While green tea has some caffeine, it is not nearly as much as caffeinated coffee to where it will do any damage. Green tea has a load of powerful antioxidants that will help fight off the free radicals that cause pimples to form on your face.
3. A chamomile compress is yet another natural way to clear up acne. Make a strong cup of chamomile tea. Soak a soft, clean cloth in the solution and press it onto flare-ups. The herb will help reduce swelling and redness as well as soothe irritated skin. Chamomile tea also can reduce the risk of acne scars.
4. Applying a face mask for acne is a great way to treat this problem. The ingredients in a homemade acne mask are safe and effective in curing the problem. A paste of sandalwood powder and rose water is best to be used for treating acne. You can use fullers earth or crushed cucumber instead of sandalwood powder.
5. Boil some fenugreek seeds in water for a few minutes. Let the water cool down and use it to wash your face. It can help to prevent any kind of skin infection.
6. Buff your skin with baking soda. Its is a gentle exfoliate that removes dead skin cells that can clog pores and cause acne to flare up. Mix a small amount of baking soda with water to form a fairly thick paste. Gently massage the paste into affected areas for about 15 seconds. Rinse the baking soda off and gently pat your face dry with a clean, soft towel.
7. Use toothpaste by applying a small dab to affected areas before going to bed. Rinse off toothpaste the next morning. For best results, use an all-natural, paste-style toothpaste. Some of the gel toothpastes contain chemicals and dyes that can actually aggravate pimples.