1-The look & satisfaction of the baby after feed: if satisfied : sleep 3-4 hrs.
2-Gain in weight: the expected weight: ( age + 9 / 2 )
- * At birth: 3 - 3.5 kg.
- * 1st 4 m : 6 kg.
- * 2nd 4 m : 8 kg.
- * 3rd 4 m : 9 kg.
- * Constipation & small hard → under feeding.
- * Diarrhea & bulky offensive → over feeding.
- * Polyuria → over feeding.
- * Oliguria → under feeding.
5- Microscopical examination for colostrum corpuscles.:
6- Chemical examination of milk :
7- Test fed:
- * Weighting infant before & after having breast.
- * Normally wt (2.5 ounce / pound B.Wt /day).
8- +ve milk ejection reflex : good milk supply.
| || |
| || |
* In breast fed :
(TTT the cause – complementary feeding)
*In artificially fed: correction of quantity & quality
* In breast fed.:
( Feeding time not > 20 min ¬ frequent).
* In artific. fed.: correction of quantity & quality.